Friday, August 12, 2011

Recommendation: Tuna Sub

Today is Friday, which means it's Tuna Sub Day!* At Subway they have daily specials where you get a 6" sub, a bag of chips, and a drink for $3.99. For those of you who don't go to Subway every other day like I do, 6" subs usually cost around $3.50, so that's like paying $.49 for the chips and drink. What a deal!

But I did not mean for this to become a Subway ad. I merely bring it up because the Friday special is, of course, the tuna sub. And it is great. Here's how I make my tuna subs. I suggest you try it this way and let me know what you think.**

Ok, start with honey oat bread. This will provide a delightful sweetness to the sandwich. Plus it has whole grains, I think, so it makes me feel healthy. Add provolone cheese and have it toasted. I'm not eating any cold tuna sandwiches. That's nonsense. For the veggies I add lettuce, onions, and pickles. I used to do green peppers with the lettuce and onions, but I have decided that the pickles are superior. Now, this last bit is important. To make the sandwich spectacular, you mustn't neglect seasoning. Add salt, pepper, and grated parmesan, and then finish off with oil and vinegar to add flavor and a bit of moisture. And that's it. My perfect tuna sub. I urge you to try it, and also feel free to tell me about your favorite subs in the comments section.

Happy Tuna Sub Day, everyone!


*Actually, any day of the week can be TSD. I love tuna subs.
** But only if you like it. I don't want to hear you disparaging my favorite sub. Them's fightin' words.

No comments:

Post a Comment