Monday, August 6, 2012

Perhaps the best thing I've ever had to drink

Back in April I was home for a few weeks and found myself hanging out with a few friends (as I am wont to do). We got to talking about Epcot's Food and Wine Festival, and one of my friends brought up a drink he had there once, which was essentially puréed kiwi and Sprite. Immediately I knew I had to have that thing. What about that doesn't sound wonderful?

So the three of us got in the car and drove directly to our local supermarket, where we purchased twelve kiwis and a bottle of Sprite. On our way out of the store, the other of my friends suggested we stop in at the liquor store next door. 'Twas there that we discovered the magical elixir that is Skyy Dragon Fruit vodka. Knowing very little about dragon fruit aside from the fact that it looks cool, we decided to purchase this vodka and incorporate it into our concoction.

Back at the house, we peeled and chopped our dozen kiwis, puréed them in the blender, and then set to work mixing our purée with the Sprite and vodka. I can't tell you the exact proportions we decided on. Mostly because I don't remember them. But play around with it. In the end, what we created is perhaps the best drink I've ever had. And just in case you think the dragon fruit vodka might have been superfluous, it was not. It was essential to the perfection of this drink. So go out, buy some kiwis and vodka, make this drink, and then tell me it wasn't one of the best things you've ever done.


The plums and oranges are unrelated. They just looked nice in the picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment